ANAHUAC UNIVERSITY NETWORK
Graduates in Surgery from Anáhuac University are professionals with a solid intellectual, humane, and social education. They understand human value and preserve the integrity and dignity of each patient. These professionals encompass great knowledge, competencies, attitudes, and skills, which allow them to work in Primary Medical Care. Our surgeons can lead health programs and services in different contexts. Their profession is aimed towards researching and effectively employing the technology within their reach. The graduates’ profile is that of inspiring health leaders who advocate for the prevention, treatment, and recovery from the most common diseases.
- We offer a curriculum oriented towards primary health care, linked to the professional skills required by the patients.
- Our curriculum is accredited by the Consejo Mexicano para la Acreditación de la Educación Médica (COMAEM), which guarantees you access to the clinical field of the Mexican Health System, and gives you the guarantee of a certified curriculum for its academic quality.
- There are two options to obtain the degree: 1) Track A: six years of study, where you obtain a degree and one or more diplomas in one of the health areas offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences; 2) Track B: seven years of study and the obtainment of two degrees (bachelor + master), and one or more diplomas.
- Our professors possess a great academic background.
- You will have personalized attention throughout the bachelor's degree in surgery.
- We have state-of-the-art laboratories.
- We have links with prestigious hospitals, in Mexico and abroad.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in international community health missions, medical brigades, and health campaigns, in indigenous and highly marginalized social communities.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate in the generation of solutions that Mexico requires for its problems in public health, through the Institute of Public Health of the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- We offer practice-oriented humanistic training in hospitals.
- You will do supervised and independent practice and multidisciplinary work with the rest of the undergraduate programs in Health Sciences.
- The curriculum favors student exchange with prestigious national and international universities.
- You will offer medical treatment to healthy patients or patients with any pathology, using the best available scientific evidence, being highly qualified in the basic areas and clinical care, with international competency.
- You will influence and transform the field of medicine, with deep human and bioethical training, as well as great respect for the dignity of the human person, in order to offer quality, charitable, and warm care to the patients under your care.
- You will diagnose the most common illnesses that are treated in the first level of medical care, with empathy and total identification with the patient.
- You will treat and rehabilitate pediatric, adult and elderly patients, with a great command of verbal and written communication, empathy and clarity, recognizing your limitations and those of the work environment, without neglecting the quality of care.
- You will design, coordinate, direct and administer research projects in the various areas of medicine to obtain new knowledge that offers more and better treatments, diagnostic methods, new physiological and molecular biology events that contribute to the advancement of Medical Sciences and have a strong social, scientific, and economic impact.
- You will influence the health-disease process of the most underprivileged communities establishing disease prevention programs that take into account the needs of the community, always caring for the most unprotected.
- You will carry out effective actions of prevention against the diseases that affect our people through the promotion of health in the open population.
- You will identify the illnesses that need the intervention of a second or third level of attention, promptly referring the patient and carrying out an adequate follow-up. You will monitor patients at different stages of life, whether they are healthy or ill.